Sunday, May 18, 2008

The only reason why i am blogging on a sunday night will only be because its a long weekend!!! I love weekends like this cause its these times where i get to spend time with my spiritual family. Being in the army, i can feel the army shaping me in good ways like the discipline and the ability to endure hardship. I was just tinking why do people say that army make boys into men and i tink i have got it somehow. I tink its really 2 main things. 1. Sometimes u have to do the things the hard way. Point being that, sometimes things are just not that easy and the only way out is to do it the hard way and many a times you dont have a choice and have to just barge through it although how hard it may seem. 2. U have to take up responsibilities for our actions. Like when you make a mistake, you just have to take the punishment. For example, when your rifle gets stolen, you just have to take the punishment and do guard duty. Its like when Dom said during one of the mens meeting before i went army. He said there are some things in our lives which we just cannot siam and just have to do it. Its these things which makes a boy grows up and realise that he is longer a young boy but a man and has to take responsibilities for his actions and whatever things he does will have an impact and consequences. There was one thing that i asked God before army and that was whether He could take away the dread and sianness and all the negative emotions that came with going into army and the thing was that, He said no. But instead, He said that He could make it easier to bear. If i had choice, i wouldnt wanna put behind my spiritual family which means so much to me and for the first time in my life, i will be spending so much time away from people who have been so close to me and care so much for me. If i had a choice, I would wanna go but I had to do what every other men in heart of God church is doing and that is to serve his nation for 2 years. Its going to be a long 2 years but i know i will grow so much in capacity that when i return in 2 years time, i will be able to do so much than i was able before i entered the army. Its going to be a hard but fruitful 2 years but i know God will be with me throughout. :)

2 comments:

Shermaine said...

I feel like changing your Blog skin! haha!

wilson said...

I WILL BE JOINING YOU NEXT YEAR.
WAHAHAHAHA.