Saturday, February 16, 2008

Paper boy!

Today's sermon was powerful! Pastor preached about loving expressively, verbally, surprisingly and creatively. It really impacted me and left me thinking about the way i love my friends and most important of all my leaders. Coming from the background i come from, my family is the classic asian family where they show love the subtle way. But today's sermon really changed my mind, hearing pastor sharing about his stories and all the other testimonies really made me wanna express my love loudly. Haha. Maybe for now, the more realistic goal will be to verbally say it out. Anyway, i was asked to help out in zone G event today and i was the paper boy. Haha. Suspenders and a corduroy cap. That was indeed something new. Reluctance soon gave way as i made my way into the room to give out my papers. I was indeed scared to death, honestly speaking but i prayed for boldness and i made it. There was a general consensus that i looked really liked a paper boy and in fact quite cute. Haha. Hmmm. Thinking about it, i will gladly do it anytime any day for the people whom i hold so dearly in my life. My family. Come to think of it, i will be really lost if i were to leave church one day. So lost, without these family beside me and guiding me on and providing me with a genuine friendship where i cannot find anywhere else in the world. Life's indeed different with them around. My 2nd family in a place i call home. A place called heart of God church. The best thing is that this family keeps getting bigger and the only direction it will go is bigger. The bestest thing of all, you are welcomed to join this family! A quote from Christine's love letter to the CG. "Ohana means family and family means YOU"

No comments: