Friday, September 5, 2008

Thank you God!

Something realli amazing happened this week in camp. I was supposed to be on guard duty on this saturday. I was quite sad bout it cause it meant missing service and not spending a nite at home. In my heart, i knew that if i was to do guard duty, i would take this opportunity to reach out to another of my bunkmate who was doing guard duty too. As Friday approached, so did my guard duty. As i booked in after my nites out, my sergeant asked me who was the last person in register doing the guard duty on saturday and i promptly replied it was another of my platoon mate. He told me to tell my platoon mate that he need not duty anymore because some one from cco stagmont had signed extra. As i made my way back to the accommodation block, i den told him what happened but he was not very happy bout it cause it probably meant he need to do it on another day. So, he decided to call up our staff sgt. Our staff sgt den told him if he was not doing this weekend, it would be counted as though he did and he need not do anymore weekend guard duty. After that, i approached him and asked whether he could let me not do because my brother was coming back from overseas on saturday and i wanna go fetch him. He den said we will see tml. All that was left at that moment was whether the person who signed the extra would turn up because he was informed very last minute. Saturday came and as we waited for our guard duty to start. It was the supposed time for our guard duty and the person who was supposed to do his extra duty had not turn up and i was starting to leak a little faith. But in my heart, i knew God was a faithful God and with so many people praying for me, i knew it had to come to past. And true enough, when the duty officer appeared, the person who was supposed to do the extra had appeared. Now with one condition down, only one left remaining. I den turned to my platoon mate and asked him whether i could not do and explained to him the reason why. After a few minutes of pondering, he agreed and i was freed from guard duty. WOO! God is indeed an amazing God. In case you are wondering, i am typing this blog right in camp cause i am supposed to have online lessons but we are free to use the net once we are done. Haha. It is indeed true that the little things in army that makes all the difference. :) Thank you GOD!!!

No comments: